POWER PLAY OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
This document represents the official rules and regulations for the St. Lucia National Lotteries Authority (hereafter referred to as NLA) PowerPlay game dated Thursday, 03 April 2008. PowerPlay is a lotto type game designed for NLA. Canadian Bank Note Company, Ltd., (hereafter referred to as CBN) manages the game on behalf of the SLNLA through its wholly owned subsidiary CBN St. Lucia Inc. operating as St. Lucia National Lottery (hereafter referred to as SNL). All operations of the PowerPlay game run under the auspices of CBN are to be governed by these Rules and Regulations, which from time to time may be amended.
- Game Description:
- Ticket Detail:
- Tickets may be purchased from authorized sellers or from the SNL Office. All tickets will be printed on paper provided by the SNL Office to its selling agents. All tickets will have the following information:
- ■ The first draw date and draw number range for which the ticket is valid.
- ■ The seller’s name and retailer number.
- ■ The time and date that the ticket was sold.
- ■ Ticket serial number.
- ■ Ticket validation number.
- ■ The total price of the ticket.
- ■ The chosen four number plays in the primary set and the chosen single number from the secondary set.
- ■ The free ticket letter
The player is responsible for checking that the ticket contains the correct number(s), number of plays, draw date and is properly printed in every way. The SNL’s liability in the case of a misprinted ticket is limited to a replacement ticket of the same value.
- If there is a problem with a ticket, the only way for the player to receive a replacement is to immediately present the ticket to the selling agent. The selling agent can then cancel the ticket according to the rules described in section 4, ‘Ticket Cancellation’. Players can also bring the ticket to the SNL’s office, prior to the draw, for a replacement ticket.
- An original valid ticket constitutes the only acceptable evidence of a bet. Every ticket is a bearer instrument and the purchaser is solely responsible for its safekeeping. SNL is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged tickets beyond its control. SNL recommends that players sign and print their full names at the back of their ticket(s) after purchase.
- If there is any conflict between the information on the central computer system and the information on the ticket, the former shall govern.
- Sales and Redemption:
- A single PowerPlay play has a price of two dollars ($2). A single ticket can have up to ten (10) separate plays on it.
- If there are any problems with a ticket and for some reason the ticket cannot be cancelled, the only way for the issuing seller to receive a refund is for the ticket to be presented to the SNL Head Office PRIOR to the draw. After the draw NO refunds or credits will be made.
- Under certain special circumstances, SNL may request (via newspaper advertisements or other suitable media) that holders of winning tickets present these tickets at the SNL head office by a published date.
- Only those tickets loaded into the central site computer are actually valid for the draw.
- Ticket Cancellation:
- The cancellation feature can be invoked for two reasons:
- A ticket is misprinted or damaged by the lottery terminal making the ticket unusable or unable to be sold, or
- An entry mistake is made by the lottery clerk and the player refuses to accept the ticket.
- Cancellations must occur within 60 minutes of the purchase of the ticket and prior to the first or only draw for which the ticket is eligible.
- The selling agent can cancel the ticket on the terminal and thereby receive full credit for that ticket once the cancellation occurs within the first 60 minutes after the ticket is purchased.
- Draw Times & Draw Procedures:
- The lottery terminals are programmed to stop selling tickets prior to the draw taking place.
- Following the integrity checks by the Auditors, the draw is conducted and recorded for later broadcast at such time determined by the SNL.
- Two single chambered blower machines are loaded. The chamber of the primary set blower machine will mix one set of thirty (30) balls numbered from 01 to 30. The balls are mixed and four balls are randomly selected from the chamber. Once all four balls are selected the second single chambered blower machine with the secondary set of numbers will mix one set of five (5) balls numbered from 01 to 05. The balls are mixed and one ball is randomly selected from the chamber. The chamber of the primary set blower machine will mix one set of fifteen (15) balls with letters from A to O. The balls are mixed and one ball is randomly selected from the chamber. This determines the winning free ticket letter.
- The draw is recorded and witnessed by lottery staff and the official auditor, who is an employee of a recognized auditing firm.
- The draw itself will be broadcast on national radio and/or television and the winning numbers published in a local newspaper and at all ticket selling locations.
- The only official winning numbers are the ones drawn. The numbers are then recorded and entered into the central site computer. SNL is not responsible for any errors in reporting the winning numbers.
- Play Method and Prizes:
- After the winning numbers are drawn and entered into the central site computer system, the system will process all the tickets entered into the draw and determine how many winning tickets were sold. The prize fund is determined as a fixed percentage of the ticket sales. The prize pools are shown in the next point.
- PowerPlay has a combination of fixed and pari-mutuel payouts for each prize level as follows based on a two dollar ($2) bet amount: (see full prize matrix at PowerPlay game page)
Match 4 plus 1 $90,870 (theoretical pari-mutuel Top Prize) Match 4 $1,000 (theoretical pari-mutuel 2nd prize) Match 3 plus 1 $50 (theoretical pari-mutuel 4th prize) Match 3 $20 (theoretical pari-mutuel 2nd prize) Match 2 plus 1 $10 (theoretical pari-mutuel 5th prize) Match Free ticket letter Free single play ticket
- After the winning numbers are drawn and entered into the central site computer system, the system will process all the tickets entered into the draw and determine how many winning tickets were sold.
- All cash prizes are calculated on a pari-mutuel basis. To determine the amount paid to each winner, the prize pool at any specific level is divided by the number of winning tickets at that level and rounded down to the nearest dollar. Any residuals caused by rounding are carried forward to the next Top Prize.
- If there is no winner of the Top Prize (Match 4 plus 1) then the prize pool will be rolled over and added to the Top Prize (Match 4 plus 1) prize pool for the next draw.
- If there is more than one winner at any given prize level, including the Top Prize level; the winner is entitled only to his or her share of the prize pool. For example, if two individuals win the Top Prize, the prize pool is divided into two parts and each winner receives one-half of the prize pool. If for any reason a winner does not claim his or her share of the prize within 90 days of the draw, his or her share of the prize is considered unclaimed and the monies will be used as per the agreed conditions governing the use of unclaimed prizes.
- There are six ways to win the PowerPlay game: See full prize structure and odd at PowerPlay game page.
- Claiming Prizes:
- Prizes up to and including $999 may be claimed from any retailer or at the SNL Central Office. Prizes valued at $1,000 or more must be claimed at the SNL Central Office or any advertised additional prize payment centers in person.
- All tickets are subject to validation tests by the SNL office personnel and CBN. Tickets which are in any way defective, (e.g. misprinted, incompletely printed, miscut, or representative of an illegal play), are invalid. Evidence of tampering, mutilation, alteration, reconstitution, etc. will also render tickets invalid and may lead to criminal prosecution. The decision of the Manager of the SNL and CBN in any question regarding eligibility and/or validity of any ticket is final.
- Prizes must be claimed within ninety (90) days of the draw date, unless otherwise announced.
- Any prize not collected within 90 days of the draw date will be considered unclaimed. With the approval of NLA unclaimed prizes maybe returned to players in the form of prize money or special prizes. Actions that SNL may undertake to accomplish this may include, but are not limited to: funding bonus draws, awarding prizes in special promotions, and adding to future prize amounts.
- Prize winners asked to do so by SNL must give their name and address, and satisfactorily establish their identity. All winners of the Top prize (Match 4 plus 1) shall be photographed and must agree to take part in the advertising and public notification of the prize winning as a condition of delivery of their prize payment. Note that SNL and CBN reserve the right to publish the names, addresses and photographs of all the winners and to use video and audio footage or clippings in any promotional activity.
- Winners of all cash prizes must sign the winning ticket and surrender it to the seller or at the SNL office when paid in full.
- All prizes of $2,500 or greater will be paid by cheque only.
- Winners must not be involved in any attempt to defraud the SNL and CBN. Any person attempting to defraud the SNL will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Under special circumstances, the Manager of the SNL has the right to delay or defer payment of a prize for up to ninety (90) days from the draw date.
- All prizes are payable in EC dollars only.
- A player with a winning play will win a single cash prize at the highest eligible prize level only for that play. A single ticket can have more than one winning play on it.
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from PowerPlay operated by CBN, SNL and the SLNLA. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, directors, their spouses and dependent family members of Canadian Bank Note Company, Ltd. And CBN St. Lucia Inc. are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from PowerPlay operated by CBN and the SNL. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members of any advertising agencies or public relations firms are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from PowerPlay operated by CBN and the SNL. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
- Employees, shareholders (of 5% or more of equity), directors, their spouses and dependent family members of the auditing firms are not permitted to play and/or claim any prizes from PowerPlay operated by CBN and the SNL. Consequently, they are not permitted to win prizes in these games.
The PowerPlay game involves allowing members of the public to select four (4) numbers from the range of 01 to 30 (the primary set) and (1) number from the range of 01 to 05 (the secondary set), and play those numbers for a specific bet amount for the current draw, and possibly future draws. All data regarding tickets sold for a particular draw are compiled at the Central site computer. A draw will take place twice a week, every Wednesday and Saturday evening. One set of four (4) winning numbers; each between and including one (01) and thirty (30), the Primary Set, is selected by a single chambered ball-based drawing machine, then a second winning number between and including one (01) and five (05), the Secondary Set, is selected by a separate single chambered ball-based drawing machine. A separate single chambered ball machine with fifteen (15) lettered balls from A to O will then be used to draw one (1) lettered ball for the free ticket letter. A free ticket will be awarded if the letter drawn matches the letter on a winning ticket.
Prizes will be awarded for matching all four (4) numbers in the primary set and a single winning number in the secondary set ‘Top Prize’, matching any four (4) numbers in the primary set ‘Match 4’, matching any Three (3) numbers in the primary set plus one winning number from the secondary set ‘Match 3 plus 1’, matching any three (3) numbers in the primary set ‘Match 3’ and matching any two (2) numbers in the primary set plus one winning number from the secondary set ‘Match 2 plus 1’ to the winning number drawn.
Prizes for the ‘Match 4’, ‘Match 3 plus 1’, ‘Match 3’ and ‘Match 2 plus 1’ levels will be calculated on a pari-mutuel basis, that is, a prize pool at each level to be shared by all the winners at that level. If the Top Prize (Match 4 plus 1) is not won then that prize pool will be rolled over and added to the Top Prize (Match 4 plus 1) pool for the next draw.